On-prem (or, on-premises) solutions are hosted in-house, while SaaS (software-as-a-service) solutions are hosted and maintained by a third party.
Consider the following when deciding whether Cortex on-prem or Cortex SaaS is right for you:
Pros of on-prem:
- In line with stricter compliance protocols
- Currently necessary for leverage hooks in the Scaffolder
- Works with third party integrations behind a VPN, firewall, or something similar
Cons of on-prem:
- Requires that you manually stay on top of updates
Pros of SaaS:
- No need to maintain any additional infrastructure
- Automatically stay up-to-date with latest Cortex versions and updates
- Increased visibility for support
Cons of SaaS:
- Fewer customization options
- Less ability to control inbound and outbound traffic
Article is closed for comments.